Tax Stamp

« Back to Glossary Index

A Tax Stamp is required to be purchased through the ATF in order to own any NFA controlled weapons or items. These include things like Short Barrel Rifles (SBRs), Short Barrel Shotguns (SBSs), and Suppressors. They cost $200, plus some paperwork, and a wait for processing which can be several months long. However it’s a straightforward process in order to legally own some very cool and effective gear. Your local FFL should be able to help you with the required paperwork.

Scroll to Top